- Casual, Rustic, Comfortable Setting
- Seven beautiful, relaxing rooms
- Best breakfast within miles
- Some Catering Services
- Free Wi-Fi internet
- Hot Tub
- Theater, pool table, Wii
- Ample Parking
- Handicap Accessible
The Blue Heron Inn specializes in romantic, intimate weddings and honeymoons. With access to the Inn and grounds you can be sure that your small wedding will be unique and just the way you dreamed it would be. Large weddings have been beautiful out on our spacious grounds.
Located on three acres along the South Fork of the Snake River, the Blue Heron Inn provides the ideal backdrop to exchange your vows and spend your wedding night in the beautiful lodge.
Intimate weddings of up to 35-40 guests can be accommodated inside the lodge, it's the ideal place for couples choosing to share their ceremony with just a few close family members or friends. It is also ideal for couples seeking a romantic place to renew their marriage vows. Please see prices below under Conferences.
Summer wedding with an unlimited number of people can be held on the Inn's beautiful and spacious grounds.
Imagine the bride descending from the Inn's staircase. The ceremony takes place in front of an impressive river rock fireplace with floor to ceiling windows and a spectacular view of the South Fork. After the ceremony, the bride can toss her bouquet from the Inn's balcony to guests waiting below. After the festivities, the bride and groom retire to their romantic honeymoon suite complete with fireplace and jetted tub. In the morning, a gourmet breakfast will be waiting in our sunny dining room or in the privacy of your honeymoon suite.
We would be delighted to give you a personal tour of the inn and grounds. Please call to arrange a convenient time.
The Blue Heron provides the perfect setting for private business meetings and retreats by allowing your staff to get away from the office and it's associated interruptions. Whether you are coming for a day or for several hours, your staff will enjoy this quiet and relaxing venue for their discussions.
There is ample parking, internet access, and privacy. The Inn's great room provides a casual location for more informal meetings with it's comfortable sofas, chairs, and cozy fireplace. The loft also provides a good breakout location with comfortable seating.
Use of the Inn for Wedding Ceremonies, Meetings or Retreats (2015 prices)
- 1-3 hours - $125.00 Indoor
- 3-5 hours - $200.00 Indoor
- 5-7 hours - $300.00 Indoor
- Overnight stay using all seven rooms $1,200, this price includes breakfast for 14 guests, additional breakfasts $11 per person (these are our 2015 prices). This price is for check in of anytime after 3:00 p.m. and check out of 11:00 a.m. For additional time before or after check in or check out please see above hourly rate.
- Use of facility for outdoor events such as Weddings, BBQ dinners or meetings $75 per hour.
- As of now we do not have many chairs (rental $2 ea.) or tables (rental $12 ea.), this rental price does not include linens. We obtain chairs and tables from a rental facility in Idaho Falls. The price of these rental items include pick up, set up, tear down and load, return to Idaho Falls facility. If you wish to bring your own chairs and tables for your event to save on costs please feel free to do so.
Meeting attendees can enjoy breakfast consisting of a Fruit dish, the Inns choice of the day served by our staff, a variety of juices, coffee, tea or hot chocolate. $11.00 per person
Lunch for meeting attendees is served in the Inn's sunny dining room. The Inn has several menu items to choose from (menus can be obtained.
Dinner can be arranged for your group, we specialize in smoked BBQ ribs, pulled pork or BBQ chicken (weather permitting) with all the fixens.
The Inn is ideal for gatherings of all types such as family reunions, class reunions, special occasion celebrations, or even card parties. The Inn's spacious grounds provide lots of room for games such as volley ball or horseshoes. The outdoor patio area is well suited for barbecuing. Don't forget to enjoy the fire pit, relax, sit around and roast marshmallows.
Fishing on the South Fork is the most sought after attraction of Inn guests and the most memorable pastime. The South Fork of the Snake River flows along the back of the property. Fishing from the bank for the experienced fisherman is most challenging and enjoyable (One day fishing license is required). The river is famous for it's native cutthroat, rainbow and brown trout. Water rafting, scenic float trips, and fishing drift boats with guides can be arranged.
The Inn does not have a liquor license.